Senior Graphic Designer
Kitchener, On, Canada . full-time . July 26, 2022
reebee provides millions of Canadians with information to discover products and to make their best shopping decisions. Initially created to digitize traditional weekly flyers as a convenience to consumers, reebee has evolved into a robust marketplace with technology that has paved the road for innovative advertising opportunities for consumer brands. Join our rapidly growing team today and help as we guide Canada's largest retailers and consumer brands to adapt their promotional content for a more personalized experience. While we operate 100% remotely for the time being, our company culture and strategic values remain at the core of everything we do.
The Senior Designer will be a key stakeholder in shaping the brand's digital output. The candidate will work closely with departments across the business to develop strategic and outstanding design solutions that achieve the client's objectives. The right candidate will also help to refine and evolve reebee branding and work alongside our Graphic Designers. The Sr. Designer will hold the lead role on specific projects. They will support the design team, through providing quality design critiques that will help us to arrive at an optimal design solution.
The candidate will also develop creatives for client and marketing campaigns, under the guidance of the Lead Designer.
- Effectively manage and prioritize several projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Work closely with design team members to keep refining and establishing the brand identity into high standards
- Produce a wide variety of client designs and brand assets, while ensuring creative consistency across marketing channels
- Conduct design critiques and provide feedback to the design team and to the wider team
- Maintain a strong understanding of any current technologies and/or practices through continuing education, research, and/or workshops to provide recommendations based on best practices as well as industry and consumer trends
- Assume lead design role on assigned projects and ensure successful execution from conception to completion, often in partnership with the Lead Designer
- Support with marketing related tasks such as social and ad creative as needed
- Manage designated projects from concept development through to execution by coordinating with the appropriate teams to secure proper assets and meet task deadlines
- Develop and manage retail and brand marketing campaigns
- Graphic Design Degree and/or 5 - 10 years of working experience in the field
- An aesthetic eye with a strong understanding of colour theory, web typography, spatial balance, user psychology, and responsive design layout
- Extensive skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator), Figma (or similar tool) and the ability to quickly learn new softwares
- Strong, dynamic portfolio with a body of work that demonstrates experience in various types of digital design
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with Marketing and Sales teams
We will only consider applications with portfolios (Link or PDF)